Recipe: Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer (or a really strong arm and a wooden spoon)
- Small cast iron pan
- Serrated knife
- Baking sheet
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 8 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend (parmesan, asiago, fontina, provolone)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 french baguette
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the artichokes, spinach, cream cheese, 1 cup of cheese blend, mayonnaise, dried basil, onion powder, salt, pepper, and garlic until smooth.
- Transfer the spinach artichoke dip to a small cast iron pan (or any broiler proof dish).
- Smooth the top of the dip and then sprinkle with the rest of the cheese blend.
- Bake 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
- Broil on high for 3-4 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Slice the french baguette diagonally into ½ inch pieces.
- Spray the bottom of a baking sheet with oil.
- Place bread slices onto a baking sheet.
- Spray the tops of the bread with an oil spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- Let the dip and bread cool before eating.